Thursday 17 November 2016

Thinking Inside and Outside the Box - Page 3

Tracey's box artworks:



"My interpretation of love", (detail closed), by Tracey Gunner, 2016.

"My interpretation of love" (detail open), by Tracey Gunner, 2016.

Interviewer: 

"Tell me a bit about the materials you used for 'My interpretation of love' artwork?"

Tracey:

"The reason I chose the colour red is because it reminds me of love. I was drawn to use felt in my artwork as it reminded me of rainy days and being able to cuddle up to something soft. I included a "friendship bracelet" glued to the inside lid of the box, because my friends are there for me regardless if I have depression or I am upset. They protect me and don't take advantage of me. I put a delicate feather inside the heart shaped box to show that on once I emotionally commit to love that I am showing my vulnerable side."

Interviewer:

"The heart-shape box is quite small, is the size of the box important to the work?" 

Tracey:

"Love is a precious thing and if you were to loose it, it really hurts... to the point that you feel that you have lost yourself."

"So, I wanted to use a small box, something that can fit into your hand - to show how precious love is."

"Love is so important to me, it helps to keep me emotionally together - just to know that someone loves you, its a powerful thing."

No comments:

Post a Comment