Thursday 3 November 2016

Thinking Inside and Outside the Box - Page 2



"Seldom heard voices feeling that they are being listened to is a powerful means of engagement in itself and this resulting feeling of empowerment will make a positive contribution to people’s mental health concerns. "  ~ Paul Williams Staff Member, Trinity Winchester 

"The seaside is my happy place" Detail open.

"The seaside is my happy place"  Detail closed.

Interviewer: "Tell me about your artwork?"


Anon: "This artwork is all about how when I am feeling low, I like to go for walks, especially places that have water - along rivers or to the beach always cheers me up."

"I covered the little box in paper decorated with little blue dots and stuck on the lid small hearts made out of sandpaper.  The starfish on top is made of Fimo. Inside the box there is fish and chips and sea shells, which remind me of better days, holidaying by sea."

"I started feeling depressed when I was quite young - but it really started in my teenage years. I had suicidal thoughts and did not want to be around my family - it was around the time my mum and dad split up."

"I went to the doctor for help, but at the time I did not feel I got the help I needed. I did not trust the doctor and I was not ready to accept the help they offered."

"I turned to drugs to self medicate."

"As I have got older I have found ways of coping, I am off the drugs... I still don't really trust doctors, but I am not closed to accepting help if I really need it."





"Autism" Detail open

"Autism" detail closed

"Pathological demand avoidance" detail 1

"Pathological demand avoidance" detail 2

"Hallucinating spiders" Detail closed


"Hallucinating spiders" Detail open

"The last time I felt good" Detail 1

"The last time I felt good" Detail 2

"The last time I felt good" Detail 3

"The last time I felt good" Detail 4




No comments:

Post a Comment